R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Hi guys!

Sorry I haven't been around! I was at the ROAR nats and without consistant internet access!

If I miss anything please forgive me and ask again!

Spread Spectrum:

It should run cooler and some people have reported that the throttle response feels smoother

Remanufactured items:

All remanufactured items go through the same testing as new units and are outfitted with new wires/cases.

5A BEC/ Lipo Monitor:

It will work as a regulator but not a cut off... all the people we got input from didn't want it to interfere with the actual operation of the vehicle... really only as a regulator and a monitor... I guess the idea behind it is to look at the pack's status before you run and get it charged up as needed.

13.5 motor with LRP:

I really can't offer an explanation on why your motor went up in smoke... were you sure that the temps you were getting previously were legitimate? Sometimes a reading off the aluminum with an IR temp probe will read lower than the actual temperature?

Generally I only see that sort of thing if the motor is overheated... this can come from over-gearing... over-timing... over-running... Without having more information I really can't help you too much more...