R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - motor time....and I am cheap
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugenb46
+1, this is a very nice engine, the crank is not lightened but the rest of the work inside is super clean and a good value, i did a crank out of one of these for a customer and they are smokin, good linier feel and nice top end

You will be happy with the B3, very responsive on bottom and decent top for a 3 port, take good care of it and it should last a good while, not to alarm you but keep a close eye on the bearings, there has been issues with werks bearings in the past, other than that you should be good to go. Good luck
+1 on the "watch the bearings." There have been a lot of problems with the rear bearing in the Werks B3 Pro. (The B7 Pro doesn't have the same issue.)

2 of the guys that I pit with had them. One broke 2 cranks... the other shattered a piston skirt. ALL of those issues were caused by rear bearing problems. Neither of the motors had more than 4 gallons on them.

Now for about $310 the B7 Pro absolutely ROCKS! Very smooth and linear power curve, and more power overall than you'd ever need in a buggy.

The guys here running GO motors seem to like them, but I haven't ran one personally. As for the RB stuff... I don't think you can get a better built, longer lasting motor than RB. I had an old C3 that could hold it's own with the 7 ports down the straight, and those motors will hold a tune like you wouldn't believe.