R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 11:02 AM
yyhayyim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
hi, thanks for d reply

let say i use center 1 way with front spool, when i brake hard will d car overturn like braking with front 1way ?

do i need to change d center shaft if i wan to use d centre 1 way?? since d center 1 way gv more speed on corner i would like to try it too bt i scared i cannot use d brake anymore which will b a big disadvantages for me....
HB Cyclones black editions come with a double one way set up, meaning one way up front, and one way center layshaft/pulleys. This combination is the most efficient and fastest on open non tecnical layouts where braking is not needed. It allows the front wheels to free spin entering turns off throttle, and each wheel travels at its own speed and you get better turn in, which can be done at higher speeds since you dont have to brake or slow down too much to get in and out of corners/lanes....the center oneway layshaft pulleys allow the REAR wheels to work at heir own rate independently from the front ones off throttle as you enter turns, also, and thus it makes the rear and front end work at their own pace, giving increased rotation and turn in on tracks with wider lanes on more open flowing layouts where you dont need to apply brakes to slowdown for hairpin turns or technical tight layouts.

This double one way set up is used in ASIA a lot on open tracks and when I tested ran my first Cyclones with that set up it was very smooth driving, and effortless steering in and out...once tracks got more technical, it works against you, and spools are the faster set up.