R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need some Perspective on custom paint jobs?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:30 AM
rcjunky10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Your work looks great and thanks for giving me a pro's point of view on the paint job! I had another one of his bodies, Mugen, and it was flawless.

You are right about the detail and it taking time, hence the reason I paid someone to do it...I can paint basic stuff but it looks like a novice did it,but that's ok cuz I enjoy doing it. So understand that I realize how much time goes into the work. My whole reason for starting this thread was to let others give me their thoughts on the quality of the work and if that was on par with the cost I paid, it obviously is not! He contacted me last night, finally, and he is pissed for he calls bashing his work. I simply put it to the people and they have spoken, that quality of work will not be tolerated. Now he wants me to send him back the bodies, fair enough, prior to him commencing work on the new bodies...WTF!

If nothing else I hope this post gets his attention and brings him back into focus. As you can see from his website he does some pretty stellar work and is certainly on par with some of the other custom designers I've seen. Again, thanks for your "perspective" and thoughts on this matter!

Originally Posted by -R2-
now I take it the $70.00 is for the body and paintwork, so I would have to say that this paint job is a lil off but there is alot of work done to it, first thing this paint job has 7 colors two different designs in the paint and a stencil set of the X-ray logo to me that's alot of work for painting, cutting and triming, now if the logo wasn't there then I would expect better work but those logos take time and I don't do them unless they pay more for it murals and ghosting take and extra hr. sometimes to make sure you don't have too much overlap. So if this is a $70.00 combo then that's a deal beacause a body is what about $25.00 , me being a painter also can feel for this guy when you have one thing on top of another on top of another. So when you get a hold of him let him understand that your paintjob could have been a lil tighteron the work and minus the logo.

that's my $75.00 job with body