R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Claimed Lipo Discharge Rates
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zagar
Okay. I have a question. I am a controls electrician, and these wire guage sizes frighten me.

If I am understanding this correctly, these lipo packs can deliver up to 150A of current? The last time I checked, 150A using high temp wire like silicone, needed #1AWG wire. How are they using anything less without melting the casing?

Even 40A should use #10awg high temp wire..... I know that once I get back into the swing of things with this new technology, I will be asked by my friends how this is possible, and I really want to understand this so I can give them a reasonable response....
let me say up front, i have no idea how most of this works, but just thinking out loud, i'm gonna assume that when these load tests are being done, they are not using the deans plug that comes on the pack, there fore i am also gonna assume that they are not using the wire the deans plug is soldered to. i would imagine that it is a direct connect test.

i imagine someone a lot smart then most of us, will sit down, and take how each battery company is getting their numbers, and tell us how they actually compare, using non cycled batteries, (cause i ain't gonna cycle my batteries 6 times before every heat and main), non heated batteries (cause that also fudges the numbers) just a straight up side by side test.

battery numbers have always be fudged, and the apparently always will be.