R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Meatball1974
Tech Initiate

Questions?? the back in front of the front...

Originally Posted by senna555
Ed or other...

Lookng for a little help.

I have been using your last carpet setup on thard site on msx other than ho rear blocks.

The car has been great for club racing super easy to drive and I have been on a tear of wins at my low/med grip club track.

However I attended an event today that had off the chart grip as a result of turnout of racers and mostly a foam event. Jet black driving groove. I struggled with traction rolling only on 180 degree turns. I was also slightly apparent on sweepers but I could drive around that.

I tried many things to resolve the problem and not one thing seemed to help. The only way to stop the traction roll was 15 clicks of positive throttle trim to stop weight transfer and then I tried a yellow sway bar w/o throttle trim and it induced understeer everywhere else but stopped the traction rolling.

Has anyone run a rubber car on super high grip something like you would experience at IIC or other major foam based tracks with paragon?

I ran out of time but I wanted to try much heavier shock oil front and rear.

Thanks
Jamie
Jamie or Ed

Which sheet on tHard did you use? I've been having exactly the same problem you started out with and our track is quite low grip right now. the back end on my msx likes to be in front of the car exitting (and some times entering) corners. I've done a lot to try to remedy the problem but just don't see the results.

Frankly, this car seems quite oversteer happy right now. even with no traction compound on the fronts and the rears practically soaked in it.

My msx has a direct center and diffs front and rear, running foams, 5-6mm ride hieght, with about 2-3mm upward travel (droop?)

FYI Ed. LOVE the site.