R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 12:18 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Suspension arms

Originally posted by markp27
If I turn the collar down to the position you have, my ride height would be 8 or 9mm - how do you compensate for that?
You are right. It could be that the rear shocks that are mounted to the rear of my car are mounted on the bearing blocks. It's been some time I've used the rear shock towers. I checked and the shock lengths in fully extended in locked position are about 77 mm for the rear.

I guess this would be a good question to post at mytsn 705 forum to the team drivers. For me personally, I think it only makes sense that the shocks should be set so that it can extend and push the arms out to the end of the downstop droop limit. Maybe you'll get a differing answer from them. I would not know.

It may seem that to get a rear ride height of 6 mm (instead of 8 mm) with 64 mm tires, you need to turn up the shock collars which in the end will run the risk of not having the shocks extend it's full length on it's own. Well, don't be surprised that you'll get advise that you should run 60 mm tires instead