R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 10:27 AM
markp27
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Yup, I thought I was the only one having the problem... I was initially using the stock standard steel pivot balls which are longer when mounting the FC steering blocks. I thought the pivot balls were the problem. Turned out that it was still the same problem reaching 200 mm front trackwidth when I used the shortened aluminum pivot balls. Still, steering is noticeably better and much more controlled The FC steering blocks are a keeper I also find that they are more durable than the old steering blocks too. Took quite a bashing this weekend and surprisingly, the aluminum pivot balls and the FC steering blocks stood up
Sounds good!!! I've not got my car up and running since I had the last accident - lots of parts were required - both right hand axles, steering block - couple of new shocks (the pistons snapped in half ), right rear block where the suspension is mounted on to and the suspension arms as a pre-caution.

I need to paint a new body shell too - the whole front end of my old (old, it was only two weeks old ) body shell was destroyed by my WOT crash.