R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2003, 09:38 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by supra528
ok...i got some pics of the car... see what you think of ride height and any other stuff... srry that the pics are blurry and bad... its really early for me and im half asleep...
Well done Finally... We never thought you would get around to posting pics

Some comments on your car...

1. You may just want to install the throttle / brake servo UNDER the radio plate. Lower CG.

2. If you're running a clockwise track, you might want to fit the nipple on the tank on the opposite side. For counter clockwise track, the position of the nipple on the tank is correct.

3. You may want to install the MIP temperature gauge right beside the fuel tank nearest to the pipe. Use a double sided tape. I find it neater that way. Just personal preference.

4. The caster clips setting may be too agressive for you. Too little caster angle. Depends on your setup, you may have too much off power steering (oversteer) and too little on power steering. Increase the caster angle and go for something in between and set from there to your liking once you get the car on the track.

5. The steering servo wire is looking for trouble. If I were you, I'll loop the servo wire through one of the two hole openings on the radio tray (in between the tank and the steering servo). I prefer the hole nearest to the exhaust pipe.