R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Billy-Ho
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcheck
u can pick up a decent used storage container for around a grand, and being that the one used is old, rusted, and feels as if u are gonna fall through it unless u walk in a specific area, i would think it was a little cheaper.as for the railling, could have been donated or found left over from a someones job.so if u want to see a "dialed" drivers stand, take a gander at ARC. the pit lane on the track side is decent, but it would be nice to not have to walk on top of wood planks and stuff so that u can get over the giant puddles and mud to get to the pit wall. the freeway mediums might have cost a little bit, but most likely were already up there and left over from the race track itself.

just my .02 dont get me wrong, i have raced up there and plan on doing so in the future, and appreciate that there is a place to do so, but there is some improvements that can be made to make it a bit nicer!

What's up Ya'll, There are a few of you that know me, as for the ones that don't, my name is Billy Ho and i am the owner, operator, track designer, track builder, complaint manager, shop manager, and fellow racer here at Family Hobbies Raceway.(Always wanted to say that.)

Well anyways, I just wanted to come on here cause i've been reading about all the negativity about the FHR track, aswell as the Rev'd up track. Just wanted to make a few things a lil more clear. We have only had the Barona track for about a year, and yes there are a lot of things that can be done to make our facility "a bit nicer". But to compare our track to ARC is a lil unfair. They have been around a lil longer than us, and i have witnessed their growth from inception to what Dan is doing now with the facility. I raced there every week from almost the beginning, so yes i know what i am talking about. If you would have been at our track from day one, you would know that things have gotten way better. But we in my mind are still at the grass roots level, and when we reach the amount of time that ARC has been in existence, I guarantee that our facility will be top notch.

As for the Rev'd Up negativity, any kind of a track in San Diego is a benefit for this industry. As Frank and lil Jon(DHW On-Road) will vouch for me, i was there supporting their track from the very first race, and both facilities have prospered from it.

Good luck to Nathan with this endeavor, i know first hand how hard it is to own and operate a R/C track.

See you guys at the track, or shop!
Support your LHS, cuz you can't race on E-Bay!
Thanx Billy-Ho