R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Travis S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

First day with my 416 and it felt great. Unfortunality it was a short day do to breakage and I didn't even get to race it. You guys where right about the c hubs being very weak! I ended up breaking one on the 2nd time out on the track. I also broke the front upright. I was able to use the 415 c hubs and front uprights that the hobby store had in stock so I could get back on the track... Oh yeah I had to get 4 9x5mm bearings as well because the 416 ones are bigger. So I got back out there and ran some good laps. I was pushing it more then I should have and tried to hug the wall to close after the straight and hit that corner hard! I managed to break another upright, bent CVD, and bent steering rod. That ended my day with the 416. I ended up just racing my tank ta05. That thing has hit stuff way harder then the 416 has and kept right on going. Oh well, the good thing is on my first day with the 416 I was .3 sec better then my best lap with my TA05. So time to get some spares (if I can find them anywhere) and get this car ready for next week.

Are you guys running 46mm cvd's in the front and back or just front?