R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
RBLove
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
My SP10.5 is still slower than Novak 10.5 w/ 13mm rotors. I've tried pretty much everything, and still cant be as fast as they are down the straight, which will give them about a .4 / .5 sec per lap advantage

I've even geared down to like 4.66 FDR and ran timing all the way up to #9 and still no up to speed.

I'll be doing some more testing later today and try and figure out what the pblm might be.

My 10.5SP vs Novak 10.5 with std rotor are pretty much equal...the problem is when they install the 13mm rotors on the Novak 10.5- they can gear down and run cooler and get more rip and top end and makes my 10.5 look sloooooooowww...I have to figure this out ASAP

Las week FSEARA race#2 at MDI, for the mains I geared at 4.70FDR using timing #6, and it was defenitely faster and could hang witht he 10.5 Novak w/ 13mm rotors, but then it started cogging and suddenly stop for about a second or two, then it would allow me run again for about a a lap or two, then stop again, untill I got hacked. Maybe it was thermal shutdown? Dont know, but if it was, I had a fan on the ESC and fan+heatsink on motor, and it should not have been thermaling. I dont think it was thermal, but rather possible wire/soldering connections to motor or esc?...Dont know.

But geared at 4.70FDR with timing #6 was the fastest its been so far down the straight; not as fast as 10.5 Novak w/ 13mm rotors, but very, very close, so that I was pulling 13.7-8 sec lap times consistently, untill it began stalling on me....the Novak 10.5 w/13mm rotors where just a bit faster down the straight, which I can live with.

Any suggestions/tips from those of you running on outdoor asphalt tracks(rubber tires).?
We have yet to figure this one out as well. The 13.5 runs out the back door, but we are struggling to find the combo on the 10.5. We have geared up/down and timed up/down. We get the same results with an LRP esc, Novak, and the SP GT.