R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)
Old 03-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Minitoink: right now i would go with the 9550 short case (Rubber Tire). that could change with testing, but if the worlds were next week, that is what i would be running for sure.

Lees52: yea i do normally run a low rear roll center (carpet foam), I think our definitions of stable may be two different things. I see what you could feel about the high roll center keeping the rear end supported, To me that is not what i am looking for in stability, i want to feel the rear end roll and when i can do that the car is always predictible for me to drive . For me a high rear roll center dose make the car twitchy, and that is the a big problem for me also.

Contradiction: That being said, I would love a high rear roll center if i put a 14lb spring underneath it, so its really the total package that decides what is possible. you can make the car feel good reguardless of what roll centers are on it,(just the rest of the set up will change.

Thanks paul