R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicker619
Rev,

1/8 scale racing is where its at, thats the bottom line. Open your track with what you had originally planned and see how things go from there. I promise you I will be there and at least 10 of my friends. We need a NICE track in san diego as we don't have one. Business is business don't worry about who you steal from FHR, thats life. If your already worried about hurting your competitors you have the wrong mind set. Its life and whatever it takes to feed your family and yourself do it. Do you think jack in the box liked it when carl's jr opened? come on do what you have to do please don't worry about others. Open a killer 1/8 scale track and for other types and you will have 80% support from people. we need a nice track with a nice driver stand and pits.

You know, I'm all for a new track opening.....but I dont agree with this kind of attitude. Just as RevDup needs to feed his family, so does Billy at FHR who already has track open. Talking down on FHR's track and saying its not a nice track on a public forum is just plain rude. Billy has worked hard just so that there somewhere for racers to go at all. If you arent going to FHR to race because its not as NICE as say Revelation or Hemet, then thats your problem. Take your TEN FRIENDS up there and race, support that track and HELP them make it better instead of complaining and asking someone else to build something better. Or, go build your own.

People are going to start thinking I'm a jerk on here, but at this point I dont care. It just makes me mad that people will actually come on here and talk s**t about other shops/tracks. Its not right, and it doesnt make the race scene in SD any better because now you'll have people from one track that wont go to the other track and vice versa.

1/8 is great..... for an outdoor track. Anybody watch the video of the indoor nitro race he posted? See how much haze in the building? Not to mention how loud it will be inside the building. Bring your ear plugs.

Like Cornerspeed said, ARC will be opening soon, and once it does, it will be hard to compete for 1/8 racers. Dan is building a great facility up there that alot of pro racers will frequent. In fact Cornerspeed is a 1/8 racer now, and even he thinks the track should be 1/10 off road and on-road

There are no permanent on-road tracks in SD. Discount Hobby puts on a great program in the parking lot, but there is nowhere to practice on non-race days.

Having an electric off road/on road combo makes more sense IMO. Just by the feedback on here, it also seems to be the favorable way to go.

Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes....I just want to see more tracks to race at with FRIENDLY racers.