R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:06 AM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcOldskool
Yeah I also used to announce at NTC and ran the computer while my cousin called out the numbers crossing the line LOL!!! I alos raced at Ranch Pit Stop accross from the horse race track in Del Mar!! That building is still there too. I used to run my JRXT at NTC, Del Mar, and there used to be a track near the stadium where Ikea is now at. Used to drool over the Kyosho 1/8 scale buggies taht raced there a night. Anyone remember Paul Cost at NTC? he wa s regular. I think he's co-owner of Krazy Kevins down in Chula Vista. My first time at NTC was when I brought my Tamiya Frog which I thought was cool (My first RC car). Then some guy's came with a RC-10 gold tub and I quickly grabbed my Tamiya and left LOL!!!! Thats when I splurged and bought a JRX2. What a difference. LOL!!! That's when I got hooked. Yeah my last race at NTC was the Welcome Home Race for the troops in the first gulf war. I didn't make it to the Lights Out Race before they closed. I used to scarf out between heats in the bowling alley there. I also remember seeing racers dunking their whole motor in a cup of water and hooking it up to a battery pack to clean it!!! I think it was water. Crazy stuff back then. Never forget the 1200mah SCR's and the 1700mah SCE's!!!

I used to hang with Paul alot. We went to alot of bigger races in LA and the Cactus Classic together. We even went down across the border to a race in Rosarito one time. What a blast! Saw him not too long ago at Palomar before they closed.