R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Turmoil Pro durability: Better than 8ight?
Old 03-05-2008, 05:34 AM
tex1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Wink

I race all over the Texas area against some very fast drivers. All I can tell you is I was stunned by how good the Turmoil is. Guys that pick it up for their first car get around just fine and I have not heard one complaint about the buggies abilities. I saw one run at the Pro Series finals that abosolutely sold me. I picked it up and my lap times were just as fast as my Losi that I have been working on for the last 18 months.
They are a little harder to work on. They can be competitive. Parts are the same quality as the Losi and yes, they are made in the same place.
The motor in the pro is outstanding! Change the pipe!
If your LHS carries the parts then I will tell you it is hands down the best deal in the industry.
Go put a year on it. Get your feet wet. Drive it right and you will not have any problems. Don't be swayed by guys with highend cars. Stay upright and just go around them. After a year and some driving of other buddies cars, you can then make a decision if you want to go to a different chassis. Your goals are to have fun, finish races and then hunt for the front of the pack.
This car will do that for a chassis that cost you about $150 when you take out the cost of the motor.
Good luck and let us know what you think.
TEX