R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Setting: Droop VS Camber link position
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 05:37 PM
imataquito
Tech Master

droop ... well

i used to run NO droop on my car it worked felt like it has tons of grip and look as if its sliding a bit but still has tons of speed ....
i could turn the car around real fast and it will come to a HALT on hair pins ... so i had to slow down.
one think i did not like then was TIRE WEAR .... the tires was eating like 1 heat- 18-26 laps per tire and it was a SOREX 36!

i started experimenting with droop ....
initially i had 8 mm of droop in the rear and none on front but with the REAR camber links set to gain positive camber when compressed the grip was there but it felt like it was sliding and its quite slow in the turns but the rear end will never come around when i turned the car. if i turned it hard ... it will go in a perfect circle before flipping into the air ...... the car was sooooo easy to drive it was not as twichy as before... but the bad side was that it took every turn at 90 degrees angle ....i had to hold the stearing longer than i used to if i wanted to do a 180 U turn ... - it really caused me some timing problems and made me hit the panic button a few times when i initially tested this setting i was used to a twichy VERY VERY twichy car lol

and during high speed coners ... the rear end will have lots of grip but the rear but it rolls outword of a turn preety badly and sometimes one side of the front tire will lift up ....( good thing i had one ways or i will not be able to pull trough the turn with one tire off the ground )

the good thing about this setup is that it makes the car very easy to drive .... SUPER EASY at sacrifice of coner speed... but those of u who uses full 4wd and hard braking technique would love this
its sooo stable and it goes into a turn really stable before doing a tight turn at the apex and then comming out full blast ... looked and felt like theres something in the middle of the car which lifted it up and placed it in the direction of the exit when ur at the apex ...it only happend when u punch the trottle on the apex if u dont punch the trottle it will OVERSTEAR badly ( on high traction surface) on low traction surface ( basketball court) it felt like understear - understear - serious understear and VER VERY VERY SERIOUS UNDERSTEAR ...

to be continued

Last edited by imataquito; 12-04-2001 at 05:42 PM.