R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First Car: 1/18T, 1/12 carpet, 1/10 on-road?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:37 PM
zm32
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cutjo3
I am just getting back into the RC scene too. I also had the old school original RC10.

Right after Christmas I bought the Associated MGT 8.0. But the weather is so cold her in Northern IL that I couldn't drive it. So I bought a couple Associated 1/18th scale trucks to drive in the basement to practice my skills with. Well, that got kind of old after about a month.

So I dove into the 1/10th scale carpet cars wtih a TC5. I love it, I was never much of a carpet guy before. I have to admit I thought it was going to be really boring, but there is a ton of stuff to learn and it will take quite awhile before I will get bored with touring cars.

The only bad thing about the carpet stuff is that the places to drive them are limited. I really don't want to take mine out on the asphalt. The MGT will be great because you can pretty much drive it anywhere (if the weather cooperates).

Good luck, I am sure you will find something that will interest you.
Thanks for the info. This is helpful. I have to admit, right now I'm really torn between the 1/10 touring, 1/12 pan and the 1/18 truck racers. I also think the 1/18 trucks would be fun because you can wreck them outside then switch up the shocks, tires, etc. and race them on carpet indoors when the weather gets bad.

For the 1/10 I'm thinking Losi XXX-S but maybe Associated...
For 1/12 maybe CRC Carpet Knife or maybe even Darkside or Associated...
For 1/18 both Associated and X-Ray look great with Duratrax slightly behind these...