R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on OCM Buggy, EVO version
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Mike Elam
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The reality of all of it is everyone copies the good stuff off of everyone else. The new Xray 808 is being called a Losi. Well the losi has been good, so they chose to take points off of it, then also add their own twists. I have heard the OCM and the Caster car both resemble the Mugen Mbx5 more so that the 5R. but hey I have no idea. They probably do have some things that are almost identical to the others. You look at the Zcar Degani ran at the NC, its shock geometry looked really close to the RC8. I never understood why people get so bent out of shape over who copied who. It really is a good thing for us the consumers. Chances are they copied the good things and hopefully if they were successful they made the bad things better. Im not saying the OCM is great nor bad, Really dont know. Just wanted to comment on the copy thing. I have been around for quite awhile but just got into Nitro a few years ago, but back when AE came out with the RC10B2 I remember everyone saying they were selling out and copying the Losi, Just because they went with a plastic chassis instead of the old alum. tubs..LOL One last point to my copy rant, SUPER BIG BORE SHOCKS, pretty soon that will be the standard, so thank you losi. all of us will reap the benefits by having a car that handles rough tracks better. P.S. yes I know not ALL cars have them but I would bet within the next year or 2 they will. (AE) (hyper)