R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New XRAY 808
Thread: New XRAY 808
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Swaybarz
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by punkracer24
the concerns here are vary reasonable but heres a few facts for you just as an fyi but the front end as far as caster blocks and steering hub design has been used on 4 other cars to date two of which are NOT losi vehicles and there may be more. the cvd design that i guess is now used on the losi where the bearings capture the pins was NOT originated on the losi. the very first touring car made by hudy used this style of cvd/bearing combo(dont know the proper wording). i do agree with the "looks losi" comment but hudy did go the extra mile and incorporate alot of other unique features, like the mud gards and etc. It will undoubtedly be an awsome car. If i have learned anything in the RC industry its not who can reinvent the wheel the best but who can refine it and make it better. Hudy did just that

just take a look at the mugen and Kyosho and EC and many othe cars out ther right now (All great cars by the way and excluding the eight and the rc8). i am willing to bet that if you bust out a set of calipers you can probably get the exact same setup on four or five cars all made by different manufacuters. All the cars have been cookie cut outs of each other for the past few years.

All i can say is this.... if he car has the durability of the EC and past models alongsied the upgrades and part support it will definitely be one of the best if not THE best car on the market. only time will tell and i wouldnt start looking for it till the end of march beginning of april

Leon couldn't of said it better, and this so called "coping" is not anything new. Like in elec. 4wd buggies, all the copmanies are starting to go to the shaft driven design(Jconcepts, AE, etc), and in elec. touring all the companies are going to the belt driven design(Xray, AE, etc,etc). Also if you really think about it when 1/8 scale buggies were new, any other company "copied" Kyosho. There is only so many ways to make a r/c car and if you look at any class most of the cars will be very similar(which is why it's called a class, since the cars are ment to be similar), like nitro touring, electric touring, 12th scale touring, pan oval cars, 2wd buggies, 4wd buggies, 2wd elec and nitro trucks, 1/8 truggies, 1/8 buggies, and even monster trucks.
you can't knock Xray for making some of the best r/c cars on the market. and if you do you're just jealous