R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:10 AM
wstuart
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
My advice...keep it Drama Free! Barona's core competency or focus is 1/8 scale Nitro. 1/10 electrics have the privilage of running there, and it is a pretty cool challenge to be able to run those smaller R/C's there.

But it sounds like you can offer something that is more focused towards 1/10 electric...which would give yet smaller scales like 1/16 or 1/18 a place to run and another venue for 1/8 scales...but still Barona can be the premier site for 1/8 nitro.

Grow the scene don't fracture it! If you're able to run Nitro at all in your indoor facility do it on weekends that don't conflict with Barona.

San Diego sure isn't saturated with R/C tracks, so teaming with other folks locally in the industry makes sense for everyone.

Now as a customer, I just don't want to have to spend all kinds of money on all kinds of different memberships...ya know what I'm talking about?

I totally agree with this
I think it would be a good idea to focus on smaller scale electrics. I just really dont think its possible to run 18th and 8th on the same track. It is also very very important to work with the schedules of other tracks - especially in this community.
When you work around other track schedules i think its important to keep in mind that guys dont like to run their stuff more than weekly - it just takes too much time for maintenance and too much money for parts and track fees.

Im just a local racer and san diego tracks are all i know and have time for.
And on that note - I would really like to see carpet and 8th scale onroad move into san diego. Again i think it would be best to focus on what isnt already offered here becasue thats best for everybody and the industry.
I dont wanna sound like a duesch - but I am a microeconomics major, and I can tell you now that no one in this market would benefit form direct competition