R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2003 ROAR Paved On-Road Electric Nationals
Old 07-03-2003, 04:13 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have been to many national level carpet races and done well at a few of them. I've seen what it takes to win. WYD you seem to have the right attitude, but I'd rather see guys at the upper level go to 19t. You can still test yourself there, and allow some room for guys coming up to race too.Not all racers have the time to help as much as you do, and some don't want to. But even more so, there are a lot of guy who just should not run stock with everybody else (ie. those with 100% rides, especially with multiple companies--you know who you are). And this is not picking on you either, since you are trying to get others guys up to your level.

Stock is the lower division. If there is no place to learn, except to throw people to the lions, it will not grow racing. I think a third division also helps some of the guys who get "run over" at big events for the first time, etc. It also gets them out of the way of the fast guys (yes I know about stacked heats, etc.).

Another thing I forgot to mention (i know this is getting long), was maybe Roar may want to divide the US into 3 or 4 "sections" and have "sectionals" to qualify for the nats. Instead of like 13 or 14 regionals in all the classes, you could have 3 to 4 races. Regionals are not always run for all classes but if 3 or 4 regions have a race together, it might create the critical mass needed. You could just show up to a sectional, and qualify for the nats.