R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ok.... The question! not to start a war...
Old 02-29-2008, 05:49 AM
rabidsquirrel
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rezen and others are giving good advice.

Go to your local track and see what folks are running. See what kits are 'working', but keep in mind that 90% of it is driver and setup skillz.

Check out the Hyper 8.5 and ST (Truggy). One of the best bangs for your buck out there.

The new Xray 808 (Buggy) looks like it could be the real deal too.

Make some friends at your local track and try to finagle a few laps with different buggies/truggies, then you can get a feel for different kits.

Go-Tech motors give great bang for your buck. I'm a Novarossi guy, ever since my first modded P5. I've a P5X that is still going strong after 11+ gallons. I picked up a PLUS 21-5K with only a quart into it b/c I figured my trusty P5X would be clapped out in a few more gallons. I've just brokin' in this motor and it is becoming more of a 'beast' each run I have (JP-3 Pipe). People've been commenting and asking. It has silky smooth power delivery (Linear) and putting down tons of it!

Turning out to be the best motor I've ran.

There are a lot of great motors out there, but Novarossi' mills seem to last forever. I think they've gotten past the bearing issues they had a few months back...

Get what strikes your fancy.