R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - battery scare
Thread: battery scare
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
wade7575
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would not trust Banana plugs myself because they might compress.I would use sermos connectors if it were me they also go by duratrax powerpole and lite speed.If you are racing that the way to go and even if you are not,why not if you are great run times on your packs.they are better than Tamiya plugs witch can melt,I've never used anything but sermos and never a problem never seen one melt can not say enough good stuff about them.They are like deans or Tamiya plugs where you have a male and female plug these are unisex,also another good thing is that the way they go together you can slide them so when put together they are sitting one on top of the other or side by side.The benefit to this is if you use a wire lead on your motor with a plug on the end of it so you can make motor changes easier is that because if you slide the plug's together one on top of the other on the power out side of your ESC you will not be able to plug the motor to the power in side of the ESC if you put the power in side plug's and your battery packs side by side.The other thing I alway's ask if someone want's to know what a good battery plug is do you have a local hobby shop close by if they say no then I will alway's tell them to use these and get a few extras,because it sucks for example if you use deans plugs and you need a new one and it is a male your needing and you olny have a female in your spare part's box that is now a thing of the past with these because they are unisex you will know if you have a spare sermos it will always work and they will not compress and come lose,but that's just my opinion.