R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in San Diego
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 11:00 PM
nc-hopsing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
Nice!

If you have a 1/8th race day and a 1/10th then you won't have too many issues between the two I would think. I heard Socal Raceway made a lot of money charging for practice so expect a lot of novice electric 1/10th scalers wanting to pay and play so right off the bat you might need 1/8th days and 1/10th days.
1/8th scale tracks can be brutal as mentioned for 1/10th but if you keep the center sections of the track a little tamer then you can shorten up the track for 1/10th and make all racers happy.

..and then if you ran on road racing somewhere then there would be 3 groups of racers helping pay the rent

Thats an idea I was thinking of too.......have electric and gas specific practice and maybe even race days. That way 1/10 novices/intermediates can get out there and not be worried about getting runover/broken by an 1/8 scale car going full throttle down the straight.

Those fans look like they'll work well, except that I noticed they said vertical mounting and you said they were going in the ceiling/skylights which would be horizontal. Hopefully that wont cause a durability issue with the motor bearings or something like that. And if those fans will be in the skylights, how are you keeping the rain out? If the skylight stays and is opened while the fan is on, it would probably mean you couldnt run gas when it rains. Just curious.......