R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Disc brakes on brushless buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Shark413
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. Somebody asked why I went so big on the mount (thickness). The reason I went with such thick aluminum for the mount was because the motor is very long and heavy and puts alot of stress on the mount where it connects to the chassis. I wanted a large footprint to get maximum support. But looking at it now with a rear support brace I probably didn't need to go so thick. I will either fab another mount that is not as thick or let the aluminum termites loose on the big mount and lighten it up. One of the biggest issues with a motor only brake is with a center diff there is slippage and inconsistancy between the front/rear as the center diff does it's thing. With mechanical brakes once you get them setup they are very consistant and easily adjustable.

But you guys have me stumped with the one-way. How does a one-way bearing work related to braking? My Brushless Revo has a one-way bearing in the tranny and so the mechanical brakes must be used, because the tranny freewheels when there is no power or motor braking is applied. How would a one-way be used to control front/rear braking bias?