R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Sand Tires
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
mikedealer
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for Sand Tires

I Custom built a rc10 tube based sand buggy and finally completed it... the biggest biggest biggest problem ive been having is finding buggy tires... I am looking for the rears similiar to what i have no in the attachment, basically a Sand paddle 2.2" Buggy Size..

I know these manufacturers make paddle tires, for TRUCKS, but does ANYONE know of a place or car that has a 2.2" paddle tire appropriate for a buggy?

Panther Makes paddles for a truck
Proline makes a staggered paddle and solid paddle for trucks
HPI makes a aggresive paddle for a truck

The tires on the car right now are TMS tires (from the 80's/early 90's), they were later bought by duratrax who produced them for a very short time before they got bought out by hobbico/great planes?

I contact duratrax looking for old stock, which they said they are long gone, and i offered to buy the molds but they said they arent for sale.

Honestly i dont guy why manufacturers havent made "fun" tires for a long time.. everything is race based... Even looking for a "large knobby" tire is almost impossible to find for a buggy.

Anyway if anyone knows of a place/source for these, please let me know as i would like to find a few sets for other buggies i am working on!

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P2030085.jpg
Views:	3829
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	315432