R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2003, 01:44 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

You know, this thread gets better and more interesting by the day. Thanks, friends.

SIGMUND.

Thanks for the explanatory diagrams. There has been alot of discussion on this business of steering turn angles, but nobody has mentioned the fact that AE actually suggest you put the servo horn on at an angle on the TC3, presumably to counter just what we are experiencing.

Anyone know more about this one? I once tried building my son's TC3 with the servo horn upright and the result was exactly what we are discussing right here.

I know it doesn't make much difference to the car's performance, but if we really want to be finicky we can always fit the horn at a slight angle. So here's another one for you Sigmund, would you like to work it all out for us mathematically!!!!!!!

SPOOL. EUREKA - IT WORKS.

Thanks to Mo, Matt, Wyd, Randman and so many other guys suggestions I am glad to tell you that I tried the car again yesterday with the spool - and it ran OK.

I did actually make plenty of changes from my Monday run to yesterday. I levelled out the front pivots, thus getting 0 kick up. I put 2 deg. of antisquat on the rear. I lowered the front roll centre. I set the shock angles more verticle, front and rear to get the shocks and springs to work through a bigger area. I removed the front roll bar and put a thicker rear one.

I reckon the car is now almost as quick - in terms of lap times - as it was with the normal front diff, and very driveable, so a bit of fine tuning should make it better. I was also able to decrease the steering travel and balance figures, which means I am now not scrubbing so much into corners.

I'm really impressed by the way it shoots out of the corners!
I'll be down again this evening, playing some more, and will report back.

In the meantime thank you all again for your help.

Just think, as soon as I finish with this one I will have to start all over again on my son's TC3!

CHALLENGER.

Matt Howard beat to me answering how you make a spool. I actually glued my lot together too. It's run 5 packs so far without any bother.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.