R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 705
Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 08:47 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by chachi
That's weird, I have never had problems with the Serpent wheel nuts, only other brands.
Yup, I found that wierd too.

1) Do you find that the front outdrives become chipped where the dogbone contacts them (in particular, the two 'nipples' on the dogbone end-ball part)? Is there any way of preventing this?
I don't have this problem neither have I seen it before. If you're saying that the two 'nipples' on the dogbone end-ball part touch the end of the outdrives, I think that the dogbones come out a lot from the outdrives at the steering knuckes. Did you put spacers in these outdrives? If you did, you should only put it on one side only which is on the one way outdrive so that the dogbones get pushed deep into the outdrive at the steering knuckles.

The other problem could be that you're having too much steering throw. Reduce it and the problems with dogbones coming out will be less. Also when the steering throw is a lot, the dogbone shaft will rub against the edge of the outdrives at the steering blocks. I think that could be your problem that the outdrives become chipped.

2) What spring colours correspond with the various stiffnesses (is that a word?)? I can't find any info on mytsn.
I don't have any numbers. But to my knowledge, there are two sets of springs that you need to know. One is for the Impulse, Impact, Vector etc. The other one is made specifically for Veteq. The yellow spring part number from the 705 list a Veteq yellow spring. The difference is the Veteq rear springs are slightly longer. So be careful with those part numbers and if you're looking for other springs for the 705, make sure you get the longer Veteq ones.

The Veteq springs come in different colours. White, yellow, red and blue. Arranged from softest to hardest in that order.

The set of springs for Impulse, Impact, Vector etc (shorter rear springs) have an additional softer spring than white which is the orange.

Comparing these two sets together, the same colour rear spring from the Veteq is slightly softer. Front springs should be the same.