R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what truggy should i get?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:50 PM
blowpopracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

also, look at whos winning.. Ryan Lutz, ST-RR, Cody King, ST-RR, even Cavalieri, sponsored by Associated.. and his truck of choice.. ST-RR. took him to victory at the last nitro pit race..[/QUOTE]

While I agree the st-rr is a great truck I wouldnt necessarily agree with the above statement. The drivers mentioned above are obviously exceptional drivers and with all due respect give them a tyco from radio shack and they would probably beat the average club racer with hobby grade equipment. While it doesnt hurt to look at which trucks/engines are getting consistant podiums also keep in mind companies with deep pockets can buy those podium spots if they have enough good drivers.

I am more familiar with the str than the st-rr so what I am about to say may be incorrect.... But the 2 things that turn me off about Kyosho is phillips head screws and e-clips. Kyosho makes a great product and even though generally kyosho kits and parts are some of the highest priced on the market they do hold up awesome and so they are worth the money.

I would still say mugen mbx5t prospec hands down. I have one and even though I wanna sell it to try something new I just have a hard time getting rid of something that has worked so well for me.