R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT10 Class
Thread: GT10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 02:09 PM
trackdesigner71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Guidlines are good, for sure, and Adrian has a point. I know that in my area 4-cell will be good for the time being. Someone will try 6-cell and Lipo, and eventually the 4-5v oddball lipo stuff, and we'll hammer out all the details soon enough. Warmth is coming to the northeast, or so I'm told.

WARNING, OPINION: A few people have stressed that new classes will dilute the established classes. The same was said back in 1997 when TC took hold. I race as many classes as I can logistically handle. For me, Pro/GT10 will be yet another class to have fun with. I'll still race my TC in one of the many classes available for that. On the same raceday my nitro TC and Pro/GT10 will also hit the track. Bottom line, more revenue for my local track! Good for business, good for longevity of the hobby.

At this point the items in the specs most likely to change are the powerplant (battery/motor), overall length, overall height and the weight. The rest of the stuff Im pretty sure won't be too much of an issue. I know that Cunningham has done some pretty extensive testing with some guys out in CA, and Bob-Stormer has done some testing as well, so there is some knowledge out there. Really we arent gonna have anything truly definitive until we start seeing these things in groups on track