R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi/Horizon Hobbies TC R&D
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xtreme2008
THats exactly how I feel...so why has this happened with Losi? Why would they "abandon" their TC on-road program? Do you really think Todd hodge met with Dumas and the rest of their team drivers and told them: " you know what guys, I think Losi would save lots of money if we released you guys, and just have Larry, Jason, and Mike run these cars..." Yeah right...What relation ship does Larry, Jason, and Mike have with Losi? Are they 50% drivers? Does losi at least know who they are? Do they get discounts at least? Probably not...that sucks....Its these guys that have been running the car out of pure love for the car and the company, and they could easily be factory drivers for other companies and have all the support and be winning more often with more opportunities...isnt Losi afraid of loosing them too?
Losi has a small share of a small, dwindling market (on-road touring). I don't think it's personal, it's probably just a money thing. Keep in mind their parent company is probably calling the shots. That said, if they're not going to continue to try, neither am I. There are too many options out there to settle on one that seems like it's given up. And that's a shame, 'cause the R is a really cool car with a LOT of things to like about it.