R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Series '08' 39th year!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
TC_Tuner
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Glad to see so much dialog about the GT class. I have a few points to add.

I feel strongly that this is a super fun class and has awesome potential to bring new blood to the track and the series. The cars are priced right, look awesome, and can totally be run in your neighborhood.

Let's keep our eye on the prize...nearly all the people that post here are already r/c addicts. While the GT class will likely be an additional fun class for us already here, the rules and overall class construction should not be taylored around the uber enthusiast. We'll quickly end up with expensive, exotic cars...like we already have. Granded, not looking to exclude anyone, but I feel the GT class should have the 'person looking to get into it' in focus.

I totally enjoy 1/8 onroad and 1/10 TC, but I have one of these GT cars, and let me tell you, they are a blast. Higher fun ratio than any other car I own. Here's a quick (sorry, low quality) video of me and another GT at Leisure Hours last fall. It was cold, no track spray, and we went the opposite direction just for kicks! We're using VSlick tires, but with full size 1/8 offroad stock Panther inserts.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NGWwelLs1oE