R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 09:31 AM
rcpilot
Tech Regular

Originally posted by bbntc3
Hmm, RC Pilot, you sound like me a year or so ago! The brgs. from Ae really suck, I have more outer wheel brg. trouble than any other brgs. Buy real good quality brgs, change to MIP shiny cvds, and the newer, white Ae diff gears. Do maintance and relube on the diffs every 10 to 15 runs on them I also use Smeltz and Richey power and the xtra HP does work the car really hard. We run 10 to 20 min. mains every week with the car and have very little trouble. Don't listen to all you hear on here about people never having any problems with the car. They either bench race it or take it out on a parking lot and play once and awhile.
The car does have some issues but it's one of the best cars on the market today, speed wise! It's a bitch and I know you have been here for sometime but read through all the post, especially mine if you want to fix the car! And if you like the car and decide to stay with it, buy the new BMI chassis, its expensive but the benefits is well worth it!
Thanks for the advice. I am not having any problems at all with the bearings actually. I tried both the Mip shiny cvd's and the stock blue ones and the Mip ones are snapping right at the diff end and the blue ones are twisting. I will give the rtr axles a try. This car is just falling apart on me while running on the track not hitting a single thing. . I'm running the white gears on the spool and so far I haven't stripped that one for a couple months but the grey ones on the rear are. I temped the rear diff case at 140* after about 5 minutes of running. The shimming is right too, very little play on the ring and pinion but still spins smooth. Would adding grease to the rear diff case help with the problem?