R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Blind Skwerl
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Its not price that is killing the sedan class...its complexity. You just can't slap one together and expect it to be a-main ready. There is a steep learning curve for setting up a sedan and many racers never learn enough to really KNOW their car and how it really works.

Pro-10 cars are much more simple. There are far fewer adjustments and the chages you can make make common sense. They are easier to drive, they are easeir to work on, have far fewier pieces, etc.

All of this makes Pro-10 cars better for novices, regular sunday racers, and harcore racers.
So true! I used to run 1/10 off-road and on-road back in the late 80's. I worked for the LHS and built cars for people on the side. I loved putting together those 1/12 & 1/10 scale pans. When I started college and my career, I left r/c for a long time. I decided to check back in this last fall for the first time. I wanted to build a quick car to run in the street in front of my house and maybe a little bit of local action. My god, things have changed! These things are F1 cars in miniature now! Tire warmers? Are you serious?!
It used to be your motor tuning and battery matching/peaking made all the difference with the racing (besides skill, of course). Now it's that, plus shock/spring/suspension settings, belt tension, diff adjustments, yadda, yadda, yadda. I bought a TC, thinking I could start back down that road, and catch up with everything. I opened that box and saw tons of bags of intricate parts, build sheets, etc, and started at it. About an hour later, I packed up the box and put it in the closet. I don't want to spend that much time building, and then that much more time tuning a touring car, to be about as fast as the pan car I built and tuned in a couple hours back in the 80's. I wish I had saved my RC10L!