R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Homestead r/c Raceway
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:12 AM
Doug M
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Chaplow
I was at the track today and let me tell you it was fun. Doug and Johnny did a great job fixing it up. It was my first time out in a few years (outside one race last year) and I did not break a part. The track was very car friendly. It was nice seeing old friends and we all had a good time. Anyone who lives close by should make it out there.
We are glad you had a good time at the new look Homestead RC Raceway! You were getting faster and faster as the day went. Not too bad for a new car and a long layoff from racing. Welcome back Joe!

Saturday's practice was fun to watch. There was a lot of cat and mouse competition going on. Sometimes, several cars would hook up and run nose to tail and side by side for several laps. This is great practice and was so much fun for the drivers. The big smiles on their faces when they came off the drivers stand is proof they were having a good time.

It was almost like a summer day at 85 degrees. Thankfully, there was a nice breeze and if you were in the shade it was quite nice. if you were in the sun it was hot and I have the sunburn to prove it! It was good to see the traction build up as more and more laps were turned. Tire wear was very tolerable all day long. Joe said earlier that the track is car friendly, I agree, I saw very few broken parts.

The crew at Homestead RC Raceway thanks everyone for coming out. We hope to see everyone again next Saturday for practice and again on Sunday for our March 2nd Club Race.