R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 04:28 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

TWEEK.

I'm sure you have done all the obvious bits MO, but here's one I only discovered yesterday.

After altering a number of settings to try and get the car to work with the solid front axle I put my set up wheels (rectangles actually - but you know what i mean) on and did the camber etc.

Unlike the TC3 I was glad to see that the rear toe measured exactly 2 deg. both left and right. I have yet to find a TC3 that does, without fiddling.

Getting to the front I centred up the steering, setting the car to 1/2 deg toe out each side with transmitter on, and trim set at zero, and of course steering cranks both facing forward and parallel.

Then just by coincidence I decided to check the amount of steering left and right. Checked the transmitter steering balance first to see that both were equal. Turn full left find say 40 deg. Turn full right and find only 30 deg. And that's with the servo horn absolutely vertical when steering is at ZERO.

Now thinking back I have always noticed that the car always turns better on left hand turns even when balanced perfectly on the tweek station. That explains it. But it doesn't explain why it should turn differently when the transmitter is set to 75 left and 75 right, and the steering centres perfectly.

Can anybody make any suggestions.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.