R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Chassis for your Nitro TC3!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 05:04 PM
bbntc3

No guys, the chassis has nothing to do with stripping gears, if anything it should help with the gears. It has less flex so less pressure on shaft resulting in less pressure on the diff gears and brgs. Alot of the gear trouble is like Harry has said, hitting the wall on something on the throttle . The gears just won't take that kinda abuse. We always try to be off throttle when we hit something with the front. I usually strip the rear diffs instead of the fronts.
Hell, until the new gears came out we would strip a rear diff each weekend.
An easy way to tell if the gears are about to go in the front diff, is to check the up and down slop or play in the front input shaft. When the gears get wore down, you will have more than usual play in this area.
As far as chassis impressions go: I dunno what else to say? It's very sweet. The best money I think I have ever spent on the car. The car looks and is so much better planted to the track now. The car is so much easier to drive now and it stays consistant,
Hell, last weekend I think I took the body off the car maybe 3 times, once to replace the diff and the other 2 times to just make sure it was all still in there!
Cleanup is a breese now , without the upperdeck., a front servo can be change in less then 10 mins. I use the K factory steering rack also, 8 screws out and the front diff and steering assy. is removed.
I am completely content with the car now. I have no plans of jumping off the NTC3 boat, until maybe next season.
I have heard and confirmed rumors that someone here in the forums, but I will not name, has a very new, super light and totally different configuration for a shaft car.
It's due out sometime early next year I believe. I can't wait!.

Last edited by bbntc3; 07-01-2003 at 07:28 PM.