R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 AM
wingman2
Tech Master

Hiya guys, I used to race pro10's many years ago and would say that it was my favourite class of RC racing that I have done over the years. So, I was really happy with news that the class could be coming back. What I don't understand though, is why so many people seem to want to have a go at any of the poeple that are investing time and money into this class of RC. I also don't understand why so many people have opinions on how this class should be run, when there is no class at all at this time!! Back in the day, the car had to be a certain weight, 7.2v's, a Lemans type b'shell and away you go. Why change a great formula? Leave it as that. Pro10's only died out over here due to the popularity of full size TC racing. People went out and converted 4wd buggies and made 'wide' TC's to race with until manufacturers made 'narrow' TC's. I think most people that would race Pro10's nowadays, would do so because the class is known to be fast, that's the point of it! I just don't remember anyone moaning back then about having to run this motor, or that motor...these batteries, those batteries.....Oh, and by the way, the German/Dutch Pro10 scene is alive and kicking and guess what, they run 7.2v and any modified or brushless motor!! Only my 2p worth guys, all the best, Chris.