R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - car setting!
Thread: car setting!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
HarKonnenD
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A oneway diff will corner far better than a solid rear diff or a gear diff. What model R40 do you have? Is it the 03 version, the 04 Hara or 05 hara? If you have the oldest one I suggest first start out with a one way diff front and try 30k diff oil in the rear. Next, what upgrades do you have on the car? The stock settings work actually well for the car and I personally don't add droop to the front. It will reduce turn in for the vehicle especially around sharp turns. I'd use it for sweeping turns instead. If I recall my old setup correctly I had used the same settings from the Mugen MTX4 for the R40 with surprising results being the HPI was always responsive to adjustments.

Front

Camber: -1.5
Castor: stock
Toe in/out: 0.5 degrees (its positive so this is toe out)
Shock oil:40wt or stock oil (good starting point)
Shock spring: HPI gold or mugen purple
Preload: 3mm
Droop: none

Rear

Camber: -3
Toe in/out: -1.5 or -2.0
Shock Oil: 40wt or stock oil
Shock spring: HPI gold or Mugen Purple again
Preload: 6mm
Droop: 8mm

Any pictures of your track by any chance? I'd be able to give you driving pointers as well. Don't forget no two cars will handle the same, but they can both handle well if setup properly. Also unless you own the Hara, the 03 R40 handling isn't as responsive as the VoneRRR. I'd also shave down the flywheel pins or swap to a Mugen clutch on the R40 for better performance and use the swuager clutch setup.