R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OS 12TR vs. Big $$$ Engine
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
almtx3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default OS 12TR vs. Big $$$ Engine

OK so here is the deal, I finally ran my car against my buds Xray Nt1. Hes running a new .12 Mugen ninja and I'm running a tired OS .12TR. We haven't gotten down to some real side by side action yet but I was really impressed with the way my OS kept up with his ninja. The ninja has given us a hard time from the beginning tuning wise but we finally got it running and I wont deny that its fast, but this OS has left not only me but my best friend speechless. Whats going on here? Shouldn't the ninja have totally blown my OS out of the water? I mean thats what I was expecting. Lets get some of the obvious factors out of the way. We are not professional drivers but we are not rookies. We can drive our cars and get around the track fairly well. Were not pulling the best times but we can scoot around the track with the big boys so driving skills are equal here. Hes actually gotten more track time than me and drives very well. Ive broken in many engines in the past, and feel confident with getting an engine tuned properly. The ninja is running good but there has to be more power in it that we haven't tapped into yet.

I have never owned an OS engine and don't know much about the .12TR. I purchased it on ebay and the engine looks old and tired but runs impressive. Starts easy, holds a great idle and has decent torque. I have owned a few Novas and they are actually my favorite engines so I know what good is, but after seeing this OS I cant help but give credit where credit is due.

If anyone has had any experience with the OS 12TR chime in and give me your opinion on this engine. Id also like to hear what you guys think about OS engines in general. More specifically can OS engines run with the big $$$ engines?