R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM
padailey
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtRacer87
Apex/Doug/All,Any chance anyone has done any testing with the 21.5 motors as of yet?? Will the rule be ammended for the 21.5 per testing,or will the 17.5 be "the" class brushless set-up? Thanks guys.

HPI/Andy, '69 Boss 302 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ran a 21.5 with lipo yesterday. I think you might be able to gear it to a 5.0 and still be even with the other motor combo's. I started the day geared around 5.6 and ended up at a 5.2. Everytime I geared up I thought it would be too fast but that wasn't the case. The 4 cell 17.5's were still a tick faster top end than the 21.5 and the good brushed setups are a tick faster than both. I had a little more out of the corners than the 17.5's but not much. It's only one day but I have run a 14.9 on our track with 4 cell 17.5 (FDR 4.033) and ran a fast lap of 15.03 with the 21.5. I was only trying to gear the motor to be equal I wasn't trying to gear to its potential. I'm going to keep trying it and another guy is going to try one also so we'll see if we consistently see the same results.