R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PICS OF YOUR RC NITRO OFF-ROAD CARS
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Mugen MBX-5
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BOOST
Because you are running in mushy snow and mud. It will get in the bearings and start to rust them.

You need to maintain your buggy regularly or you will find yourself replacing things very often!!
yeah i figured that, but exactly what bearings will get hurt the most? and what size are they? its obvious that they are going to rust... anyone knows that :rollseyes:

i dont let it sit and dry if that helps... i dry the whole buggy off with he paint stripper i use to heat the engine with. takes about 5 mins but i can get it completely dry. i can imagine im still doing a little damage to the bearings. im not getting it that wet.

and i do maintain it (not as good as some of you guys though.. damn some of your buggies are clean) that pic was taken right after i finished driving it. some friends really wanted to see/try it, and i really wanted to try out my new fuel, after that i half assed cleaned it. it still needs a little bit of work done to it. the wing mount is on its way in the mail, the battery pack doesnt fit in the box for some reason, i have a JP4 pipe along with a sweet servo on its way in the mail: http://www.carolinasrc.com/webstore/...?idproduct=390

i enjoy buying new parts and spending money on my buggy, i enjoy driving all my toys hard, thats the fun in them. im 18, no bills, no gf, graduated high school, living with my mom, making 4000$ a month working full time, not a care in the world just me, my car, and my dh bike is all i need to be happy

ps: i really dont understand the point of wheel balancing when your wheels are as dirty as mine... or not quite as dirty, but im sure your guys wheels get dirty when racing off road? i dont have a nice dry track like most of you