R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Video of 1/8th scale onroad in action
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 04:47 AM
squarehead
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Oh please don't....the 1/10th is trying to come back, and I am sure it will die very very soon....
Originally Posted by John St.Amant
There are so many different classes to run it's rediculous to have 3 or 4 guys running in one clase each. Instead of fishing for something you can win in, why dont we just try to find something economical we dont have to throw money at tires once a week and just race.... sheesh!

The reality is, with so many more tracks becoming larger and larger for 1/8th scale cars, larger electric cars are going to be a reality. It's inevitable. Locally, we have nothing really to race in the summer, as all of the outdoor tracks are gas-specific. If someone is not a gas racer, there are few options, if any. I bought a MRX4-R to race around here, but gas is still not appealing to me and I'm having second-thoughts.

I really don't think of this as creating a new class so that someone can win—hardly—but as a new option for those who don't want to spend $700 on a new nitro 1/8th motor and futz around tuning engines all day.

And a 2wd—read Sportsman"—electric brushless/lipo version would be infinitely less complicated than a gas 4wd car, very fast and far more appealing to many people on a larger scale.

There is a reason why there are people swarming to the off road conversions right now, and it's not to just create another class.