R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
DaveW, do you use graphite upper deck for indoor carpet? I see you cut down the motor clamp...

And what do you use to shim the space around Losi rear carriers/hubs?

Yeah i tried a FTTc4 upper deck with the four post ears shaved off and mounted it to the tub chassis with composite standoffs (i even modded four of the FTTc4's aluminum camber link mounts to fit between Tc3 tub wings and the top plate to act as a spacer and camber mount). It was extremely time consuming to change motors though. It really stiffened the car up, but I cant say i gave it a fair shake... it was so difficult to swap motors... i scrapped the idea and saved the top deck for the FTTc4. At the time the XRay T2 was whuppin my tail, so i bought one to see what the fuss was all about. Meh. It was sold less than four months later.

Do you mean the space between the hub and the arm for wheelbase? I used Losi's plastic shims, part# LOSA 5050 i think it is, and the 1/8 thick spacer fits just fine. Its ID is larger than the hingepin, but it doesnt seem to make much difference. There for a while i was using a setup with the front arms on the back of the car that worked fairly well, and the Losi rear hubs fit flawlessly. (front arms flipped over and spaced .090 to the back places the axle in almost the same place as the standard rear arm spaced .090 to the front with the hub in the short position... you just lose the outer shock position on the arm... the difference was the pivot point of the arm in relation to the weight in the car given almost identical axle position. For a short wheelbase setup, its the poop IMO. You just have to mod the arm for the neccessary shock position, and avoid hitting walls )