R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pride in your R/C
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 12:17 PM
oXYnary
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really think using a term like "lazy" is a modern catch all phrase that is soo diluted in personal opinion to be a worthless judgmental point.

(Home) Video Games have been with us since the Early 80's. Blaming them as the sole cause is not the issue.

(Personally I just think Parents don't buy enough Lego's these days )

(Another political turn)

To me its the bull in the china shop everyone wants to ignore. Cheap labor over seas. Since many products are soo cheap and easy to replace these days. The pride and hardship (through money), that people had when purchasing a product are gone. When it takes more time and effort to get something to work versus throwing away the current and purchasing a new one.. why bother?

This practice is not sustainable economically or environmentally on a planet with limited resources. We are already starting to see the effects.

RTR has saved the market in many ways, it has also brought in it's share of problems. The same people that would never buy a R/C kit before are the ones that probably shouldn't buy a RTR now ... but they are pumping much needed cash into the industry and parts sales are huge.
Yes, and I believe thats one of the issues that in the short term is good for business. In the long term however which many companies are not willing to look at, bad. The return sales from these disillusioned people go missing. So though that initial investment was there, there is no continuing cash flow. Where do shops and Manufacturers make most of their money? Parts.

Ontop of that, with the much lasting forms of communication, with a much larger audience we have through the internet. These peoples complaints however soiled will effect potential future buyers to stay away from our hobby because of the "headache" involved. Even those some of these potential customers could end up appreciating it.

As far as shops charging. If a customer comes in with a mail order.. charge them for everything!. If they bought it from them, they will >HELP< the customer repair the part in store. To A: Help build the customers confidence. B: Establish a repertoire between the customer and the business (loyalty in other words).