R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racer Burnout!! What to do?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
rtrsprint
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Leodis
First of all, don't sell all of your stuff. Odds are that you'll regret it in the future. I've raced on and off for the last 20 years and I'm currently 2 years into my 4th go-around with the hobby. I'm having more fun this time than I ever did before. Why? I think it's because I'm spending less money than I ever did before, I'm not racing every weekend, and I've come to accept the fact that I'm a good enough driver to not be in the back of the pack, but I'm not good enough of a driver to be in front of the pack at the big races. This hobby requires so much time, money, and patience that it's easy to become discouraged. It reminds me of golf. There's nothing wrong with taking a break and coming back when you want to....
Leodis, golf is the perfect analogy. I get so pumped at the first sign of spring, and ready to get out and hit the ball. I usually play great for the first 3 or 4 games. It later get's in my head if I hit a bad shot, and I spend so much time trying to correct that it just all goes south. I think racing is the same way. I spent years racing go karts and I never won a race. I could blame it all on competition, lack of equipment, or horrible set ups. I didn't though, it was time I got to spend with my father and it was great. I hope you all don't take this sport to seriously, cause I know I have and it can put a strain on relationships and finances. Good luck to you and keep on racing!!