R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro10 Class
Thread: Pro10 Class
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 AM
JevUK
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I find it funny that all you guys want to run Lipo when NONE of you have the nerve to run mod sedan. Guess what...a 17.5 and a lipo pack in any of these cars will go FASTER than a Mod 6 cell sedan.
I ran novak 5.5 and lipo quite a lot

Was too fast for a Medium sized track but fine at Brookland which is large. I raced against 1/10th ic once and they had the edge on the straight.

I have also race my switchblade with 4 cell and novak 4.5 at west london which is a medium size. Very little throttle control was require. Could mash the throttle out of all but the slowest corners. My cells arn't the best and I could have used a lower wind if I'd access to one. But my cell were already coming off toasted.

No offence Adrian but you are missing the point I have been making all along. Just because you run 7.4v lipo doesn't mean you would have unlimited power. There are even 21.5t motors and trust me a pro10 would be plenty slow enough with one of them .

There was no path to get guys started at a speed they could handle. This was one of the major reasons the class died.
No matter what power they are running a pro10 is not the best choice for a beginner. That would be a tamiya tt01. We have great tt01 class at a local circuit and I even race in it sometimes and it's great fun. You get time to check out where everyone else is on the track as your car is going down the straight .

You guys are knocking something I doubt most of you have actually tried.
I think I am the only one here who has tried it .