R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Brushless Dyno Plots
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 09:38 AM
JevUK
Tech Regular

I tested a friends orginal LRP Sphere esc against my spare novak. I didn't have alot of time and only a Novak 6.5 with bonded rotor to hand.

Sphere = 196 watts @ 21.3k rpm, 87.1% efficiency @ 34.5k rpm

GTB = 210 watts @ 20.7k rpm, 92.5% efficiency @ 34.5k rpm

There may have been a problem with the sphere running this motor. The bonded rotor is past it's best so could explain it. If I get another chance I will test with a sintered rotor.

Originally Posted by Drcy
Jevon, thanks for the good work /idea.

I speak for 2 RC Clubs, one in Austria and another in Portugal.

There are a lot of discussions between the performance of the 4,5 T from SPassion and LRP/Nosram, so as between the ESC from the same brands.

Could you bring some light into this ?

I know very well Robert ( the owner of Robitronic) and when there are some more tests here, I will gladly invite him for a "TOUR".

thanks anyway

Pedro
Hi Pedro

Thanks for your appreciation.

That's is cool that you know Robert, next time you speak I would be very grateful if you could ask him a question. Is it still possible to register the dyno software?. I had no reply from the email address.

I would be very wary of testing a 4.5t motor due to the high current and rpm. When I tested the 6.5 it was a little scary, it would be nice if the motor manufactures would tell us max rpm of each type of rotor.

I hope to compare other esc and spec wind motors in the future.

Regards, Jevon

Last edited by JevUK; 02-08-2008 at 10:04 AM.