R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - You will NEVER win a big race so just accept it
Old 02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Tempest2000
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

this post we all see way too often...

"I know it would motivate me more to attend if I could not only race along side the big guys, but also have a class I could race against other guys like myself."

You do have a class of other guys like yourself to run with its called the B, C, D, E... etc. wherever you fall.

Our biggest problem with the whole sport is everyone wants it handed to them on a silver platter. I can't win so lets make a new class that I have a better shot at. News flash go ahead and make a new class for sub par drivers. guess what there will still be sub par drivers better than you and you still won't win... or you'll have sandbaggers that run in the class...

Either put in the time and effort to improve to the level you want to be at or just enjoy the hobby and have fun with your friends. (option 2 is the better choice btw)

everyone wants to be sponsored and as fast as cyrul, toso, baker, etc.
but guess what once you get to that level you aren't just racing to win you are racing for a pay check to pay the bills. Its no longer a hobby at that point. That's a lot of pressure added on top of all the stick time and wrenching...